[Original Article] Entering Theo, Visiting and Learning, and Improving Perception
On November 15, 2019, Ms. Lin Yuan, general manager of the company, led a team to organize managers of various departments and outstanding employees of the company to visit Hangzhou Theo Elevator. The theme of this activity is "Entering Theo, Learning Benchmark, Transcending Ordinary". It explores and learns from Theo's corporate culture, product development, intelligent construction, after-sales service, on-site visits, performance management sharing lectures and other aspects. The trip lasted half a day and was short but beneficial.
Hangzhou Theo Elevator was established in 2004. It is a modern comprehensive elevator service manufacturer integrating elevator science, industry, trade and research. As a dark horse in the intelligent manufacturing industry, the unit's operating performance has maintained a compound annual growth of 50%, what is supporting his rapid development, in just 15 years to achieve corner overtaking. In the afternoon of that day, under the guidance of the company's professional commentators, we visited the company's exhibition hall, intelligent production workshop, Theo University, etc., and learned in detail about the company's development history, excellent products, corporate culture, Big Dipper service system, and excellence. Performance management model, SCS company operation system, industrial 4.0 Internet of Things intelligent platform, talent training, strategic positioning and other related situations, and personally experienced the company's independent innovation and research and development of independent elevator brand to achieve the highest speed of 10 m/s ultra-high-speed elevator. Through the close visit, the former strange Theo elevator instantly brought me the impact and shock of cognition.
1. exhibition hall construction high-end atmosphere. The corporate culture showroom is the facade of a company. The exhibition hall of Theo Elevator Company exudes a strong sense of modern industry everywhere. The design and layout of the corridor visited are reasonable. Wherever you go, there are both aesthetic and texture. Each pattern is praised. The history of the stainless steel monument impressively records the history of the development of the elevator, which is deep and distant. Multi-functional ultra-wide electronic display screen, high-end atmosphere, wide field of vision, high-speed elevator test tower brings a sense of shock, all show the strength and innovation of Theo elevator. The work quotations of famous quotes selected on the cultural wall and the staff's colorful wall all show the rigorous and pragmatic work style and positive mental outlook of Theo elevator people.
2. production site management orderly, production management visualization. In my impression, elevators belong to the machinery manufacturing industry. Traditional enterprises should be full of machines roaring and oil pollution. However, here, the assembly line workshop is quiet and clean. The workshop of Nuoda has only a few workers who control the site. Several production lines are arranged in sequence. The robot hands bow left and right, and automatically and rhythmically carry out various operations such as loading and unloading, assembly and processing of steel plates. The work efficiency is high and time-saving, the electronic process board visible on the production site enables feedback on the work progress from time to time, which is clear and clear. Today's manufacturing industry is generally faced with the difficult problem of labor shortage and labor cost. Such robot operation should be the only way for Chinese enterprises in the future. Theo, on the other hand, is not just "man for machine", but has entered the digital age at a higher level.
3. high degree of intelligence. As an intelligent manufacturing demonstration pilot enterprise in the elevator industry, Theo Elevator aims to build a "smart factory" and develops and applies international leading industrial big data systems such as CRM, ERP, MES, etc., forming a flexible manufacturing mode in which the design, production, management, installation and service are coordinated by the informatization of the smart command center. Elevators of different specifications can be produced by the same production line, as long as the skilled workers input the product indicators in the system, the robots on the production line will automatically grab the required materials and arrange and combine each process in the best way. With high production efficiency, it only takes six days to produce an elevator, and the cost of employing people will be greatly reduced. The independent research and development of Beidouxing intelligent service system based on the Internet of things platform will change the after-sales service from passive to active, to achieve a truly efficient and intelligent service, when passengers are trapped in the elevator, they can talk to the background customer service from time to time by pressing the button, and know the location of the maintenance personnel and the arrival time of the rescue, thus greatly improving the user's safety experience. This set of service system can be described as a new chapter in the after-sales service of the machinery manufacturing industry. It can be said that Theo elevator will "four wisdom" to the extreme. It can be seen that intelligent manufacturing is not simply replacing manpower with machines, but using man-machine collaboration to move towards intelligent production, and then realize intelligent services. Looking at our pharmaceutical industry, there is still a long way to go.
4. the talent training with Theo characteristics. Theo University is not a "university", but it is the best "university" for enterprises and employees ". It is the hall of learning and growth of Theo employees. Through understanding, Theo training Center provides all-round and personalized ability improvement solutions for employees at different levels through advanced planning and management echelon construction. Through training, employees are encouraged to continue to learn, develop independently, stimulate everyone's growth dream and innovative spirit, and make every employee become an expert in various fields, So as to better help the development of enterprises. This has reached a certain height in the systematic construction of human resources training module.
5. high-performance zero inventory supply management mode. Through the display of the on-site office database, tens of thousands of parts provided by hundreds of elevator parts suppliers, their inventory, transportation nodes, arrival time and other data are listed one by one. The establishment of this large database and intelligent distribution has helped Theo to improve the turnover efficiency of production materials by more than 50% and reduce the number of operators by 30%. Through the integration of system modules, upstream cooperation suppliers have seamlessly connected information, and the supply mode of replenishing production materials once half a day has truly realized zero inventory of products.
6. superior performance management. The performance management system of Theo Elevator is designed and analyzed comprehensively from the perspective of the strategic development of the enterprise, so as to draw up the goal orientation, subdivide the strategic measures, target values and related collaborative departments from the overall strategy of the enterprise, and clarify the corresponding primary and secondary strategic management processes of each functional department, so as to realize the efficient division of labor, cooperation and assessment. The depth and breadth of its assessment of the penetration of non-ordinary small and medium-sized enterprises can simply touch imitation. Take the supply chain as an example, Theo has achieved real strategic procurement, through upstream supplier process certification, incentive assessment, coaching and the establishment of supply chain clubs, so as to truly effectively achieve cost optimization.
The above points are my superficial perception of this visit to Theo Elevator. There are still many advanced management of Theo. We have not been able to touch them one by one in a short period of time. What we have seen in front of us has already provided us with many valuable experiences and also given us some inspiration. At the same time, we have also realized the gap between enterprises and industries. Although it is like separated by mountains, success must have common characteristics. Intelligent manufacturing is the mainstream trend. The rapid development of Theo Elevator is closely related to the construction of the "four wisdom" and the continuous accumulation of capital assets, in addition to the clear strategic positioning of the enterprise itself. Looking at pharmaceutical companies, if we can also realize intelligent production through production line transformation, integrate intelligent management, rely on interconnected intelligent service platforms, and then take the lead in expanding and seizing the market, realizing the vision of the company is just around the corner, but realizing this process requires certain capital investment and strategic vision. And through benchmarking with advanced enterprises, discovering gaps, facing bravely, striving to catch up, not mechanically copying, appropriately transplanting and drawing on advanced management models, and constantly digesting, exploring and innovating, and pushing various tasks to a higher level in a 1.1-by-one manner. This is what we need to do now.
Finally, Thanksgiving Company provides us with such a valuable learning opportunity, which not only broadens our horizons and increases our knowledge, but also plays a profound guiding significance and positive role in improving and innovating our work, changing our ideas and improving our management level in the future.
(Author: Wu Min)